Sunday, July 16, 2006

Happy content




I experience happiness as something that affects how I feel and what I do. It warms me, and it focuses my activities. It also reduces my need for things, external things and people. It helps me share.

When I don’t feel like “doing” a lot, I can experience happiness at a deeper, quiet level as contentment. It’s purely at the level of Being, without action. It’s almost like feeling boneless, of pure relaxation, in the words of a friend. It’s like the first and the last Great Place.

For me, happiness is inward and outward. It rises from inside, connects to others and to what I do, and I find my need for “having” becomes less.

Contentment for me is purely at the level of Being. There is no action, there is the absence of action. There is great presence, and no need.

I found that happiness and contentment are always there, I can “go there” anytime I want.

Photograph: Singapore Art Museum Fiction@Love



No comments: