Sunday, July 09, 2006

Inside out

Most of my writing on this blog has been focused on spiritual growing. I wondered last night if I should continue to write that way. You see, I don’t plan what to write. I create space and time to write, a session to look forward to. Once in front of the keyboard, I write what comes to me… I like it that way. No intention, I want to be like a bamboo, catching the breeze. Who knows from what side it blows today. Surely, I will find out.

My writing is inside out. I think it is a phase I am in, it is what confronts me, what grows in me at the moment. I can’t help it. I read other people’s blogs and many are colorful and fascinating tales of the world around them. There is more focus on the outside. For me, the best things in life now come to me from the inside. Or it is inner awareness that helps me be more open, to connect better.

I see beauty and significance in new things. The past few days my faithful partner, my new Fujifilm FinePix F30 camera helped me to capture images of art. Hotel lobbies are nice places to find interesting artwork. Even elevator walls, go look at those in the Intercontinental Hotel in Bangkok!

I often noticed that technology has quirks, but the advance in digital photography is amazing. This week I forgot to take all my cables to charge and transfer pictures from my camera. But the battery is so powerful, it can shoot more than 500 shots on a single charge. So my only constraint is that I cannot upload the pictures yet, have to wait until I get home later today. Anyway, I write my posts in my notebook, and transfer them later to Blogger.



Sunday afternoon 9 July, Bangkok airport

No comments: