Monday, December 04, 2006

Keep writing

There is no doubt in my mind. The highlight of this year is that I discovered my passion for writing. I know I have much to learn to become a better writer and I like the challenge. Most important advice to myself: keep writing. Practice is fun, and it pushes me to open myself more to the unknown.

When I meet new people nowadays, I'm interested in their creativity more than anything else. Soon after introductions, I will find a way to ask them about their art, their music, their expression. Everyone likes this question, I noticed. Yet only a few people answer it readily.

At today's art exhibit of the Asia Society at the Filipinas Heritage Library, I found that I was drawn to art works that display something red. Probably my age. I used to like dark blue.


Photograph: Red Art, by The Drawing Room Contemporary Art

No comments: