Friday, March 16, 2007

How you want it
















I missed writing the past days. A nasty cold kept me from doing anything apart from the most urgent tasks that I could not avoid. A test confirmed that the infection is viral, not bacterial, so no need for antibiotics – that was good news. And I was struck by the number of people who advised me to drink lots of water. Everyone seems to know this nowadays. Nice for a water expert to hear this.

Days of feeling physically low pushed me into “conservation” mode. I long to get back to “regeneration” and to feel more energetic again. But since I take life as it comes, I also embrace this feeling of conservation, being careful what to do and what not to do. The importance of rest becomes clear. Not taking adequate rest seems like a clear and present danger to me now. That’s good.

Even when low, however, there’s lots to learn. In fact, I found that listening becomes easier. Switching to receiving mode also helped me to get more ideas, and I’ve been writing these down as soon as I could.

Life is how you want it to be. And the sky is bright blue here!

Photograph: Temple in use, outside Ubud, Bali

No comments: