Sunday, March 04, 2007

Very alive

After my life-break and rebirth at 50 in Bali a week ago, I returned to work. But I didn’t experience it as going back, but rather as going forward!

Going back implies a stagnant mind, and I feel that I am moving into new territory. Actually, my work challenges are evolving all the time, and I found myself embracing some changes in the past week.

A good part of the late afternoon and early evening today was spent reading about hypnotic writing, and I found Joe Vitale’s book on the topic to be a fascinating read. Without proper writing skills and approach, I realized how much is likely to get “lost in translation” or simply never read because readers get bored easily and move on.

My reading time was spent in the spacious Starbucks store in 6750 office tower, and I enjoyed seeing a friend there who recently got promoted to manage this most prestigious of Starbucks locations in Makati.

Meanwhile, I’ve been following up on the interesting piece of land I saw last week in Bali, overlooking a quiet forested valley 20 minutes up-country from Ubud. I requested the agent if it could be properly measured, and I think I will find out soon if the piece is waiting for me.

The past two evenings saw me taking time off from writing to have a break and earlier sleep, but I found that I missed the rhythm of daily writing and posting. What nice feeling!

Photograph: Image of Atintya, the Balinese supreme unknowable God, shown as thoroughly alive with flames around his body, Photo by Rio Helmi in the Knopf Guide on Bali.

No comments: