Wednesday, April 25, 2007

After a pause...
















My blogging hit a pause...

Life kisses our faces
every morning. Yet,
between morning and evening,
she laughs at our sorrows.

From: Love Letters in the Sand – by Khalil Gibran

Just like a year ago when I started blogging, a visit to Singapore’s art world gave me unforgettable pleasure. I visited the National Museum and the Asian Civilisations Museum this time, and I was mesmerized by their content, presentation, and housing. So uplifting to spend a day drifting through the galleries.

This evening a friend of many years observed that for as long as she knows me I have been interested in culture and art. While our kids practised guitar with their teacher, we enjoyed a life conversation over cappuccino served in cups from Ubud. And we agreed that life transitions should be taken as fun, not too serious.

My good friend whom I think of as Mr. I Can Do asked me to have our first life coaching session this week. What a nice challenge! And I just received my home study course for a diploma in life coaching this week. Now I realize how changes can knock on your door. I am learning to listen, and hear the knocks. I know where I want to go.

Tomorrow I will take a loan to pay for the block of land in Ubud, Bali. It is another big step on my life journey. And another case of change knocking on my door. I decided to open. After giving careful consideration to the financial matters, I am living forward.

And my daughter will read Khalil Gibran in her class.

Photograph: Beauty in Asia – the Asian Civilisations Museum on the Singapore River.

No comments: