Monday, May 14, 2007

Morning laugh



















Time spent laughing is time spent with the Gods
Japanese proverb


The morning is so fresh
it is perfect

I am reminded
how perfect the present moment is

There is no heaviness, guilt, or expectation
just opportunity

When I stop seeking my identity
in a world of forms
the essence of life comes
in a flash, totally pure

Nothing to do
it is just there
to enjoy
And I can only smile -
that is perfect too

Now I know
that laughing makes me
remember to smile

Life is whole, here and now
It takes silence to see this
to enter the moment -
light hearted, calm, magical

I keep writing
The mistake continues, to miss out
on the reason for existence -
suffering, sin, to miss the target
I am there
it is here

Words cannot describe, yet I write
Laughter reminds me
how wrong I am
Life is right here and now

Nothing to gain, nothing to loose
Yet everything is here
I straighten my spine
and Chi flows
Nothing is better

A sun ray touches my face as I write
and the foot of my young daughter
still asleep
Wholeness is here
I see it

A morning meditation
with eyes open and closed
in silence

I prefer the moment
over editing my lines
Touching the universe
over my To Do list

I hope no one dies
on this Philippine election day

Photograph: Morning rays

No comments: