Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Refresh


It’s still June, but only just. Where did the time go since my last blog. I wrote long hand in my journal, but not enough. Now I am back, with renewed interest and zest to write.

I’m taking a break in Asia’s lion city, and Singapore welcomes me in a way it hasn’t done before. I used to come here on stopovers, but in this visit I have time to experience it better. I like the skies, the green, the cleanliness, the spaces, the old and new. People seem full of urge to do their activity quickly and purposefully. Loitering or slowing down seems inappropriate, unless it is done in a designated place of leisure. Business displays a keen spirit and good quality, with great variety, and lots of expression and creativity in the advertising and decoration. That appeals to me.

I gained an extra eye to see this all. I bought a Finepix F30, the newly released low-light capturing marvel released by Fujifilm this month. It encourages me to see the world around me in new shapes and colors and composition. It offers me a new form of artful expression, and I want to explore my creativity with it. It’s my new companion, and I am very happy with it. Its low-light pictures are simply amazing.

Yesterday I was drenched in heat. Singapore is humid, and I had all opportunity to celebrate it. Avoiding airconditioned places as much as possible, I went through a cycle of alternating wetting and drying in the hot air which enveloped me like a mother, a universe, a cocoon. I resisted my urge for cool, and surrendered myself to the heat and perspiration, and found a new side of myself, enjoying patient exploring with an open mind. Through the heat, I refreshed, and experienced renewal.

A full day of art and creativity, interspersed with nice food and warm feelings. I realize that there is nothing that I can create that is not already there. I found that I can share in it, and share it with another.

No comments: