Saturday, August 05, 2006

Blue


Today I was blue. It was the kind of low mood day where lifting my spirit seemed like the heaviest task. I severely scratched my rented car in a narrow parking garage. It took me a while to get over that emotionally! A cost of Euro 200 for liability was incurred in a second, and my pride was hurt for not being able to do better. Even before that, it was heavy. I had a frog to eat (task to finish) but did not get to it. So it keeps croaking in front of me.

Later in the afternoon the Universe kicked me to help me regain perspective. While shopping in the supermarket, I found myself surrounded by boisterous teenagers talking loudly about life in general and chicks in particular. I realized that life keeps moving, and it is up to me to throw myself into the flow. Then I ran into a shop selling the nice Linksys Skype phone which I have been eyeing, and I decided on the spot to buy it. A treat to myself on a blue day.

At night I took a walk to the railway station right in front of the apartment where I am staying. On entering the unusually clean building, I was surprised to see the hall taken over by dancers practicing the Tango. What a fantastic use of a railway station at 10:30 on a Friday night! And most of the dancers had left at home their unflattering casual attire which is so common in this country, and opted for fancy clothes and dancing shoes. After watching them for a while, I discovered that the station’s minimart was still open and found the eggs I needed for breakfast tomorrow.

Last Sunday I watched the show of the Blue Man Group in Boston. Several of their messages hit me, including the notion that a lot of time in life is spent on discharging things “away” from ourselves, which the Blue Men vividly depicted with a system of sewer pipes, which then became musical instruments. The Blue Men challenged the audience to be interactive, and to consume wisely. Connections are meant to be two-way. We need to get unplugged, in more ways than one.

They also showed how people sit in internet cafés talking to other people who are not there, and ignore the people sitting right next to them. I also liked their hilarious advice how to perform rock on stage. And the show ended dramatically with rolls of pseudo toilet paper being “waved” by the audience to the front of the stage, in a direct form of interaction and flow reversal. Audience participation in the show was great from beginning to end. To me it underlined the notion that we as dots can get better connected. It is up to us to see it and do it. It is the underlying concept of this blog too.

So after all, I recovered and started all over from scratch as I found that the Universe keeps vibrating around me.

PS: Blogger won't upload my pics, so they will come later!



No comments: