Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hari Raya


17 August. I found a nice capuccino at Hari Raya’s. Located on top of Ninoy Aquino airport’s aged terminal, Hari Raya is a simple place that has catered to multitudes of people passing through. In contrast to their movement, some of the waiters have been there for a decade and more, and their service is always friendly and attentive. Departing on my recent trip to Sweden, I was surprised they could make a nice cappuccino, and I ordered a second one while writing in my journal. I lost sense of time until my colleague texted me from the airline lounge below if I planned on making the flight or not. I did, and that was the start of a nice journey together that taught me more about living life with quality.

Photograph: Home-made capuccino in a good friend's cup.

No comments: