Sunday, August 27, 2006

Listening



Listening comes from being quiet. It is about opening, receptivity, forgetting about self. A true connection of dots, because nothing stands in the way. The art of listening is passive, with full being. Mike George advises to be more quiet, to speak slower, to speak softer. Fusion happens in quietness, internally. The world abounds with great words and noise. I set out to find my own source.

During my last trip, I realized that one of the most difficult things for me to achieve is to be my own best friend. I have to find my own innermost core by myself, the original, no copies. I don’t like everything I see on the way there. So I keep observing, and drop what I can. To go deeper. There is no guide, except myself and the Universe. It is a dark night, this journey. An intense fire of inquiry leads to the morning, the sunrise.

Osho remarked that everyone in history who has had the intensity of inquiry, will find the sunrise. I learn about choices, that it is best to drop everything for emptiness, no-thingness. Going with my heart, my inner voice. I am not split, I am whole, but it takes my own unique journey to realize this, deep into the core of my being.


Photograph: Beyond Illusion, Osho Zen Tarot


No comments: