Sunday, August 27, 2006

Less can be more


18 August. I cannot possess everything. The things I have are for my use and sharing. Mike George’s 2nd Aha! advises that I need nothing to be truly happy. If I have less, I can be more. Having less, and practicing detachment help to gain freedom from fear and from living in scarcity.

Paradoxes get life going: do less of this, gain more of that. If I can let go of more, more opportunities can show up, ideas to come, people to enter. In contrast, it seems that attachments lead to death, ending, stiffness, suffering. How to I relate to the things I have, to the people in my life?

Mike George advises to see myself as a trustee. My travel headphones, my car, my ideas, I don’t own them. They have been given to me in trust. To hold everything in trust, and let go when the moment comes to do so, brings true freedom. I can feel deep inside me that this is true. I will shift attachments to trusteeship. I don’t own anything, I can harness the energy and power of having “enough” as a trustee.

I write this as the day starts high up flying over Latvia, with a smile.

Photograph: Trust, Osho Zen Tarot

No comments: